The following blog is rated PG-13 for occasional coarse language, brief nudity and flagrant spelling errors. Reader discretion is advised.

Monday, May 22, 2017

More work :(

Another week has passed and I can’t think of anything to write about except work.  We had an ice cream party on Sunday at our main branch and around 50 kids showed up, swarmed around the office playing different games and then devoured several tubs of ice-cream plus about 90 pounds of toppings.  One of the toppings was sweet bean paste, which was very unpopular, so I spent about 20 minutes waving spoonfuls of bean paste at reluctant children.  None of my kids came since they’re not in the Hello!s English program.  (More on that later.)  It kind of made me miss my old classes where I would have just a handful of elementary kids and I could play around and get to know them a little better.  In my own classes I’m still learning the kids’ names (there’s over 100 of them in case you think I’m a moron). 
I also taught two “Tea Time English” classes for other teachers.  I had two students in both classes.  My supervisor attended and we spent an hour drinking $4 cups of coffee, playing connect four and discussing what we do on our days off.  I was somewhat shocked to find that four people were willing to drive out of their way and start work two hours early to talk with me.  I must be popular.

So overall not much fun to report this week.  I’ve been loving my free time so far but I’m still getting adjusted to work.  Today I taught two classes and then was informed that all my Jr high classes were canceled due to upcoming midterms.  So I sat there dicking around on my company-issued iPad for 3 hours.  That helped me feel a little more adjusted.  I’m not sure if I have 2 or 6 classes tomorrow.  Okay I’m going to cut this one short and hit the hay.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment